Tuesday, June 19, 2012

"Mama said there'd be days like this . . . "
The last two days have been so incredibly hot and the Tuscan sun has been brutal.  Sunday night after we returned from Cinque Terre, Melissa started throwing up and continued to throw up until 7am in the morning.  Ryan started coughing in the middle of the night and I was having one of my rough nights sleeping regardless of the girls' maladies.  Today, everyone is better.  I am working in the area west of the tomb and we are trying to find out the dates of the various layers.  I uncovered several big parts to another amphora and two very old (and very large) nails.  Most important is trying to move enough dirt over the next final few days in order to understand what has happened over time in this particular area.

I am hoping for cooler weather tomorrow, or at least a nice breeze.

A domani . . .


1 comment:

  1. Joel and I are concerned for your welfare. First your eye, then your finger, sunburns, no air conditioning... Please come home. We'll order in and watch cable.

    ReplyDelete